Apr 9, 2012

The Easter Rabbit Sampler

Happy Easter from Kentucky!


Designer:  Goode Huswife
Stitched with called for DMC on 25 ct over-dyed evenweave.  Quick and fun - I already have plans on stitching it again on 40 ct linen and make it into an Easter-egg ornament!
Thanks for looking!

Dec 29, 2011

Margaret Mailey

I finished this earlier in the year. It is stitched on 32 count Antique Ivory with DMC threads. The color combinations were so soothing and peaceful to stitch. I changed the name to make it ever so slightly more similar to a family name.

May 20, 2011

CHS. The Birds and the Bees

CHS. The Birds and the Bees. Framed

CHS. The Birds and the Bees. Framed


CHS. The Birds and the Bees. Framed
CHS. The Birds and the Bees. 36ct Sand Edinburgh linen, DMC threads. Stitched by Vaida

Hearts and Flowers


Here is the framed, finished heart! Made for a friend.

CHS Hearts and Flowers_framed_1_by Nina_2011May

40ct Newcastle linen
HDF silks by Vikki Clayton
(Primitive Barn Red, BeBopped, Quince 1405, Penny Wort 3443, Victorian Mint, Penny Wort 3445,
Earth Stars 5217) and SNC Snow Drift
 


My  blog: Between Crosses
 

May 13, 2011

Hearts and Flowers

CHS Hearts and Flowers_to Monika_by Nina_2011May
Hearts & Flowers © Carriage House Samplings
40ct Newcastle linen
HDF silks by Vikki Clayton
(Primitive Barn Red, BeBopped, Quince 1405, Penny Wort 3443, Victorian Mint, Penny Wort 3445, Earth Stars 5217) and SNC Snow Drift

CHS Hearts and Flowers_closeup1_to Monika_by Nina_2011May

CHS Hearts and Flowers_closeup2_to Monika_by Nina_2011May

 I have stitched this heart for a friend, to her and her husband's wedding anniversary. I hope I can show it later in frame :)


My  blog: Between Crosses

Apr 18, 2011

LH 1818 Quaker Pocket

This project was a design that Goode Huswife taught in a class several years back.  I called and asked whether there were any left-over kits and I ended up being very lucky - I got 2 kits that were "faulty"; the pre-finished pockets had been sewn up with the wrong count linen.  I was told that the linen would likely still allow for the entire design to fit, but I do have to admit that I was a tad nervous.  As can be seen, it all worked out in the end!
Some minor changes: My mother's initials, both maiden and married initials, were stitched on the left side and mine stitched in the same manner on the right side.  I skipped the "LH 1818" part all together.  I was contemplating adding this year, but 2011 is too hard to balance evenly over a design, I think.

Thanks for looking and Happy Stitching!

Apr 11, 2011

Love, Hope 1727, Honor, Faith, and Charity

I bought this clock at one of my favorite needlework shops.  The owner retired and she had a sale to get rid of her inventory.
After trying to figure out what to fill the frame with, I realized that the tiny CHS pieces would be perfect.  I had so much fun stitching on this project and I was lucky to be able to fit all five designs in, with a little bit extra space at the bottom for personalization.  I designed the border design on the sides to make the finished piece fit better.

I love how it turned out and the clock now proudly hangs in my bedroom.  Unfortunately, the mechanism seems to eat batteries, so it doesn't actually show time. lol....
 
 

Thanks for looking and Happy Stitching!

Apr 9, 2011

Lidia Bauman 1831

Here, under a couple of other assorted tiny samplers, lies Lidia Bauman 1838 by Goode Huswife.  I stitched this pretty little sampler as a birth sampler to commemorate a close to me (at the time) colleague's son.
It was a quick stitch, which is why I added the other small pieces to the gift.  Sorry that I don't have any better photo of it.
If (or rather when) I stitch this sampler again, I am definitely picking a much more colorful linen!

Thanks for looking!

Apr 8, 2011

I Thee Wed

I stitched the I Thee Wed design as an engagement sampler for DH and me.  We were engaged for 4 years, so it is definitely a period of time in our life together worth celebrating with a sampler (any excuse to stitch, lol!).  The text is embroidered over-one in Swedish.

I don't think that the dark red linen was my original idea - I tend to be a bit scared of bold colors...   It is one of very few finished stitching projects that it actually displayed on the walls of our home.  I mounted it in a cheap shadow-box from Michael's and it looks pretty great that way.  I will try to add a picture of the finished piece as soon as I take a photo that does not look downrigth ugly... ;-)

 

Happy Stitching,