Apr 18, 2011

LH 1818 Quaker Pocket

This project was a design that Goode Huswife taught in a class several years back.  I called and asked whether there were any left-over kits and I ended up being very lucky - I got 2 kits that were "faulty"; the pre-finished pockets had been sewn up with the wrong count linen.  I was told that the linen would likely still allow for the entire design to fit, but I do have to admit that I was a tad nervous.  As can be seen, it all worked out in the end!
Some minor changes: My mother's initials, both maiden and married initials, were stitched on the left side and mine stitched in the same manner on the right side.  I skipped the "LH 1818" part all together.  I was contemplating adding this year, but 2011 is too hard to balance evenly over a design, I think.

Thanks for looking and Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

What an amazing project, it looks wonderful. I have a similar pocket by another designer, I must get round to starting it.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh you are so right about balancing 2011 - 2010 was so much better, plumper somehow! I have never made a pocket and I love this one to bits. Lucky you to find the kits. Irene xxx

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

WOW. It's just awesome. You are a lucky lady.

The Queen's Stitch said...

Congrats! I have one started in my WIP pile somewhere . . .

deb-bee said...

Your pocket is beautiful. I'm glad it all fit so perfectly. I love how the rose signs your name. ;-)