Jan 16, 2011

One Sheep 2010-2011


One Sheep, CHS
32 ct. Black Belfast Linen
Suggested DMC Threads
This is the last start of 2010 and my first finish of 2011.  I only had 2 lines of the border left to finish on New Year's Eve.


But, since I finished 97% of it in 2010, I stitched 2010 as the date on this piece.  I loved working with the bright colors on the dark linen.  When I started it, I thought "Oh Dear" I am going to have to give this a coffee/tea bath when I am done because it was so bright.  But the further I stitched on it the more I loved the fact that it screamed "bright and beautiful"!

3 comments:

Carme said...

It has been wonderful, I've never done anything with a black cloth and I think it has to be more complicated and hard on the eyes. I have to decide because the results are spectacular.
It is always a problem you have to put date when a change in the middle po year, depends on the criteria you use.
I finished one on the 4th of January and although I did 95% in 2010, late 2011 got was when I finished. But I had my doubts.
Hugs

Carme

Melissa said...

So pretty! I love it!

the striped rose said...

It looks great!