This project was a design that Goode Huswife taught in a class several years back. I called and asked whether there were any left-over kits and I ended up being very lucky - I got 2 kits that were "faulty"; the pre-finished pockets had been sewn up with the wrong count linen. I was told that the linen would likely still allow for the entire design to fit, but I do have to admit that I was a tad nervous. As can be seen, it all worked out in the end!
Some minor changes: My mother's initials, both maiden and married initials, were stitched on the left side and mine stitched in the same manner on the right side. I skipped the "LH 1818" part all together. I was contemplating adding this year, but 2011 is too hard to balance evenly over a design, I think.
Thanks for looking and Happy Stitching!
My Handmade May. Kiera & Sumile
3 days ago